Currently I combine two jobs!
- Freelance learning conversationalist (talk to me to understand what your organisation needs!), instructional designer, and edugame designer at my own little startup Learningworld Design – contact me for exciting opportunities!
- E-learning instructional designer at Waitemata District Health Board – design and development, mostly in Articulate Storyline – and dabbling in making my own graphics – mainly cartoons and icons.
How did I get to e-learning?
Read a short story of the journey.
I definitely like variation in my working life… no getting around that when you take a look at my resume! However, three skills clearly come to the surface: writing, education and the web.
Bringing it together: e-learning and instructional design
Then I got the unique chance to make these different paths join: e-learning. Writing educational texts and designing learning objects for the web? That’s my three skills put together. So it’s been e-learning since 2003:
- e-learning consultant at U&I Learning, Ghent (Belgium)
- freelance e-learning developer and instructional designer (Belgium and New Zealand)
- e-learning advisor for the faculty of Health and Social Sciences (Unitec, Auckland, New Zealand)
- senior instructional designer at Kineo Pacific (New Zealand)
In my spare time – working on a game project around adult numeracy.